Cool Tools for Schools Reflection

My goal is to always apply tech tools for practical classroom use to enhance learning.  I enjoy trying out tech tools but am really working to make sure I apply this knowledge.  In my posts comparing parent/teacher collaboration tools, trying out a new presentation tool, and highlighting online sound recording tools, I have given examples of how the tech tools can be used to enhance learning.  All of the work was very helpful in my position as an instructional technology resource teacher.  I often do this type of investigating on my own or when working with a teacher.  It is definitely the fun part of my job.  I also was reminded about the work that needs to be done in reading about Evidence Based Practice.  This should be by project or overall work for the year in which my own research is combined with research studies to really show the importance of instructional technology support.  Sometimes we let this fall to administration, but in fact it is good to provide evidence as a teacher.
My next steps are to build blogging into my practice.  There are many, many posts I could do throughout the year, but I haven’t.  I plan to set an attainable goal for twice a month for next year.  I have started to use twitter more and have become more active in tweeting.  I would like to show my learning and work through to completion by blogging more.  I know that can make my work easier by sending a link to blog post to teachers when it applies.  I also plan to publish some data around work that has been completed this year.  I see that it does fall on me to do my part in showing the value of my position.
I really enjoy participating in Cool Tools for Schools PD.  I spend a lot of time researching and find it fun.  I don’t particularly enjoy blogging as it is putting myself out there but am getting over it. I know it is important and should be part of my professional practice.  Next year, I hope to take Cool Tools and build in a monthly completion goal and it would be great to have a monthly discussion about the learning with colleagues that are also taking the PD.

Comments

  1. Great idea to have a monthly discussion with your colleagues. The RCSD folks really came out in force this year, and many of them commented that they enjoyed working with colleagues on the topics. Wish everyone could find a "study buddy" for this workshop, but not always do-able. Thanks so much for participating.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Formative Assessment Tools

Carnival Infographic poster